Enquirisk in Durham
Dr Carlo Gallo, director of Enquirisk, is very grateful to Durham University and to the Global Policy Journal for hosting him on 10 March, to deliver a lecture on Political Risk to a room full of smart and motivated students. The following day, it was great fun to be interviewed by a very competent team for a video recording for the Journal.
In the talk and interview, he touched upon such issues as:
- Definitions of political risk as an area of business risk consulting;
- Prevailing methods and techniques for producing and delivering consulting in this area, including recent tool relying algorithms for real-time event data extraction fro open sources.
- The type of business functions and purposes that political risk consulting can help with;
- Methodological challenges involved in political risk analysis;
- The relationship with academic theories on related areas (e.g. conflict studies, international relations, political science, etc.), or the theory v practice gap.
- Current trends in the (geo)political risks confronting business around the globe.
- The skills and experience required to be a political risk analyst.
Enquirisk is very grateful for the opportunity and looks forward to the next chance to collaborate and/or visit Durham University.